OUTDOOR CATS NEED LOVE TOO
Our services increase the health and wellness of community cats while proactively reducing the number of animals being born without homes in our community.
In an effort to properly address and manage the cat overpopulation problem in our community, the Brandywine Valley SPCA employs Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return (TNVR) efforts through our Community Cat Program. TNVR has been shown to be the most humane, most efficient, and least costly method of stabilizing community cat populations.
We identify areas with significant cat populations and offer services and support for the residents of those communities. Cats are humanely trapped, taken to the BVSPCA’s Animal Health Center to be spayed or neutered and vaccinated, and then returned to the location they were found to live out their lives.
- Includes spay/neuter surgery, ear tip, rabies & FVRCP vaccinations
- Contact our Animal Health Center for current pricing, which varies based on available grant funding.
- Dover: (302) 516-1004
- Georgetown: (302) 516-1004
- Malvern: (610) 482-4289
- New Castle: (302) 516-1004
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours
- Drop off (by appointment only): PA 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. DE 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Pick up: 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cats need to be in humane live release traps. In most cases, community cats are released the same day as their surgery.
1757 Horsepond Rd., Dover, DE 19901
22918 Dupont Boulevard, Georgetown, DE 19947
1212 Phoenixville Pike, West Chester, PA 19380
600 South Street, New Castle, DE 19720
Rental Period: 1-14 days (maximum)