OUTDOOR CATS NEED LOVE TOO
Our services increase the health and wellness of community cats while proactively reducing the number of animals being born without homes in our community.
In an effort to properly address and manage the cat overpopulation problem in our community, the Brandywine Valley SPCA employs Trap-Neuter-Vaccinate-Return (TNVR) efforts through our Community Cat Program. TNVR has been shown to be the most humane, most efficient, and least costly method of stabilizing community cat populations.
We identify areas with significant cat populations and offer services and support for the residents of those communities. Cats are humanely trapped, taken to the BVSPCA’s Animal Health Center to be spayed or neutered and vaccinated, and then returned to the location they were found to live out their lives.
- Includes spay/neuter surgery, ear tip, rabies & FVRCP vaccinations
- Contact our Animal Health Center for current pricing, which varies based on available grant funding.
Scheduling Surgery Appt
- Georgetown: (302) 516-1004
- Malvern: (610) 482-4289
- New Castle: (302) 516-1004
Note: If community cat trapping organization or individual with one or two cats, no appointment is necessary for Malvern and New Castle. (An appointment is required in Georgetown, and surgeries are on Wednesday only.)
Drop Off & Pick Up Hours
- Drop off: PA 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. DE 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Pick up: 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cats need to be in humane live release traps. In most cases, community cats are released the same day as their surgery.