Free Vaccines for Your Pets
We’ll be providing free rabies and distemper/FVRCP shots for dogs and cats at three locations in March as part of the Petco Love’s Pet Vaccination Month. (Many thanks to Petco Love for the distemper/FVRCP vaccines!)
The clinic will be a drive-thru format. Bring your pets in your car, drive up to a check-in station, then drive up to an outdoor vaccination station. Pets will be vaccinated while in the car if possible. Cats should be in carriers, and dogs should be leashed should they need to come out of the car for their vaccinations.
Hope to see you there!
Tips for Attending
- Rain or shine.
- No advance registration or paperwork required.
- Use the main entrance at each location, where our folks will direct you.
- Drive-thru format – Bring your pets in your car, drive up to a check-in station, then drive up to an outdoor vaccination station.
- Ample vaccines are available, and we’ll be there for four hours, so don’t feel you need to be there at opening if later works better for you (and could avoid any lines).
- Cats should be in carriers, dogs leashed.
- Dogs and cats can start getting distemper vaccines at 6 weeks and get boosters every 2-4 weeks until 16-20 weeks old then yearly.
- Rabies vaccines start at 3 months old then annually.
- Rabies shots are a one-year vaccine. Tags aren’t required or provided.
- Feline distemper is a combo vaccine that includes Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calici, and Panaluekopenia.
- Canine distemper is a combo vaccine that includes Distemper Virus, Adenovirus Type 1 & 2, Canine Parainfluenza Virus, & Parvovirus.
- Vaccines can be administered early.