LOST YOUR PET? FOUND SOMEONE ELSE'S?
We're here to help.
What to Do
If you have found a lost or stray animal, please file a report with the Delaware Office of Animal Welfare using the button below and also complete the BVSPCA form on this page so we can post the animal on our lost/found Facebook page and keep an eye in our shelter.
If you have lost your pet, please file a report with the Delaware Office of Animal Welfare using the button below. Also, look at the list below of recently found pets, or you can do a walk-through of our shelter to determine if your pet has been brought to us. Lastly, complete the BVSPCA form to the right so we can post the animal on our lost/found Facebook page.
Have a picture of your lost pet? Try searching via facial recognition.
- Contact friends and neighbors and hang up flyers in the community.
- Post your pet to online sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Next Door and CraigsList.
- In the event that you’ve lost a cat, put out something that smells familiar to your cat, such as a blanket or a bit of dirty litter. Many indoor cats will remain very close to the home and a familiar smell can lure them back into the home, safe and sound.
- Call local veterinary hospitals.
- Also, we strongly urge all pet owners to permanently identify their pet with a microchip. This can be done for at our clinics. While collars can fall off and tags can go missing, a microchip is permanent and ensures that your contact information remains with your pet at all times!