BE A PART OF SOMETHING AMAZING
Work With Us
Working at the Brandywine SPCA is a great way to help animals in need while working with a group of fun, dedicated professionals.
Interested in joining our team? Please submit your resume and cover letter to our department heads by clicking on the correlating buttons below. The Brandywine Valley SPCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
Current Career Opportunities
Clinic Receptionists work directly with the public to address their needs on the phone or at the Animal Health Clinic. The compassionate care of clinic patients during scheduling, check in and check out will be utilized to provide exceptional customer service. With guidance from the Director of Operations and Practice Manager, clinic receptionists will address any concerns or questions from the public to ensure they have a positive experience at the BVSPCA.
- Clinic Receptionist position: Chester County, Pennsylvania
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Animal Health Center
- Uphold the mission of the BVSPCA throughout all responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional and courteous manner with customers is essential.
- Provides the administrative managers with clerical support including word-processing, typing, e-mailing, filing, data-entry, faxing, copying, corresponding, answering telephones, processing mail, maintenance of records, accounts maintenance, cash processing.
- Knowledge of multi-line phone syststrong with the ability to provide immediate assistance with the customer’s questions or direct the customer to the proper department.
- Return all phone calls the day in which they are received. Transfer and direct all calls/voicstrongails to their correct destination.
- Greet and assist customers at the front desk with directions, general information, or any other questions they may have.
- Direct people who are surrendering their animals to the appropriate drop off area.
- Ability to handle and direct animals to proper holding locations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical staff personnel.
- Must be able to provide customers with correct information regarding services offered through the organization.
- Responsible for patient check-in/check-out of appointments.
- Ability to schedule appointments without conflict.
- Maintain and create patient records by accurately recording treatments, examinations and test results on PetPoint & Clinic software.
- Assist with keeping inventory and ordering supplies.
Client and Community Service
- Admit and release animals from BVSPCA in a responsive, courteous and tactful manner to both internal and external clients.
- Inform clients of any pertinent medical information regarding animal care; communicate release instructions.
- Practice and encourage the humane treatment of animals.
- Provide quality customer service to clients, volunteers, and staff while actively promoting our mission, services, programs, and events.
- Promote donation and giving opportunities as appropriate.
Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Work effectively with individuals and colleagues from diverse communities and cultures.
- Ensure a safe work environment; following all safety guidelines and modeling safe work practice.
- Take immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff mstrongber, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk.
- Maintain a clean, healthy, and sanitary work area; follow all pest and rodent control protocols.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The Community Engagement Coordinator will oversee the BVSPCA’s efforts to engage the community through volunteering, outreach events, and youth programs. The goal of this position is to build awareness and engage the public in the BVSPCA’s mission, vision, programs, services and achievements through the cultivation of individual relationships committed to volunteering and financial support of the organization.
- Community Engagement Coordinator: Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Community Engagement Coordinator: New Castle County, Delaware
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversight of Volunteer Program
- Oversees the BVSPCA’s volunteer program, including recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention and recognition of volunteers
- Manages issues related to volunteer performance and support, and serves as a liaison between volunteers and the organization
- Monitors ongoing need for volunteers and volunteer programs, working with staff to maintain and grow a volunteer program that supports the BVSPCA’s programs and activities
- Works with department supervisors to enhance the volunteer experience through appropriate volunteer guidelines, specific job descriptions, training programs and performance feedback
- Ensures the BVSPCA is represented in professional manner to the public at all times, both in regards to materials and in volunteer representation
- Takes immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk
- Measures program performance on an ongoing basis and provides monthly, annual and periodic reporting of activities for the volunteer program
- Coordinates and conducts orientation and onboarding processes for new volunteers
- Develops and implements methodologies for volunteer retention
Oversight of Outreach Events
- Plans and executes strategic small scale community events through the identification of key locations, opportunities and business partnerships, and by leveraging the support of volunteers
- Coordinates and supervises the development and implementation of community outreach activities to ensure high visibility, brand recognition and regular exposure of the BVSPCA in the community
- Ensure volunteer coverage for small events
- Lists small events on BVSPCA website and main Facebook page
- Tracks event performance and provides monthly, annual and periodic reporting of activities
- Represents the policies and ideology of the BVSPCA and effectively engages young people in the organization’s mission
- Oversees and expands existing programs, such as Birthday Parties and Critter Camp
- Creates a catalog of activity workshops that can be delivered by volunteers, such as kong stuffing parties and cat toy making; includes building the plans, providing training, and maintaining supplies
- Collaborates with Marketing and Development colleagues to maximize participation in youth programs
- Helps leverage relationships with engaged organizations to further other BVSPCA activities
- Provides quality customer service to clients, volunteers, and staff while actively promoting our mission, services, programs and events
- Assists with the planning and implementation of fundraising events
- Identifies leads for individual and corporate donors through community events and hands off promising relationships to the Director of Development and/or Chief Development Officer
- Assists in social media posts when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred experience in marketing/public relations, community relations, event planning, customer service and/or supervisory experience
- Animal welfare experience helpful
- Proven and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Confident public speaker with ability to develop and deliver presentations aimed at various age groups
- Strong organizational, project management, and teamwork skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead by example and achieve outcomes through influence
- Ability to use sound judgement when dealing with volunteers, clients, animal-related concerns and confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be 21 years-of-age (required for insurance purposes); Valid drivers license and insurable driving record
- Preferred to be a resident of the communities you would be serving
- Working Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional availability required on Sundays and evenings
- Work Environment: Shared cubicle/office space; exposure to animals; potential exposure to zoonotic diseases, animal bites and scratches, exposure to high noise levels when in kennels; work may be performed outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
- Physical Activities: Able to drive, stand, bend, squat, walk, and talk for up to eight hours a day; Able to lift up to 50 pounds with assistance; Able to work a flexible schedule with regular weekend and evening shifts