We Need Your Help
When we began delivering state-wide animal services in 2016, our goal was to provide our programs and services to all Delawareans directly in their community. First, we opened the New Castle Campus. Then we took over a facility in Georgetown to create the second full-service campus in the state. Now, with the help of a generous lead gift from the Petco Foundation, we’ll be opening our third Delaware campus in Dover to serve the Kent County area.
Located at 1757 Horsepond Road, the facility purchased to become the Dover Campus includes an 4000 square foot building sitting on two acres. The campus will focus on several unmet needs in the Kent County community, as well as help with intake processes. Plans for the campus include:
- Cat and dog adoptions
- Stray dog holding as part of the BVSPCA contract with the Delaware Office of Animal Welfare (OAW) to provide state-wide animal services
- State-of-the-art animal care, with features like play yards for daily playgroups and indoor/outdoor dog kennels
- Low-cost vet services, including sick visits, preventive care, and spay/neuter
- Intake intervention programs, such as a pet food pantry and behavior counseling for owned pets
- Humane education initiatives, including school visits & service projects
- Volunteer opportunities, ranging from socializing the animals to attending events
We need your help to complete construction so we can deliver these services, many of which currently don’t exist in Kent County. We need to raise an additional $500,000 in the next few months. Our plans are to open the facility in Fall 2019.
To learn more, call 302-516-1007 in Delaware or 610-241-0802 in Pennsylvania.