Together We Saved 15,201 Lives
The good news from 2020 (yes, there’s good news!) is that, thanks to your support, we delivered more in services than ever before – in every category. Together, we:
- Placed 15,201 animals, an 18% increase over 2019
- Welcomed 44 animals per day through our doors as an open admission shelter; 42% were lost/stray animals that would have few options without us
- Sustained a 96% live release rate
- Performed 19,309 wellness exams for family pets at our Animal Health Centers, a 29% increase over 2019
- Spayed/neutered 18,095 cats & dogs to prevent unwanted litters, a 31% increase over 2019
- Delivered nearly 200,000 pounds of pet food to families in need
- Worked alongside our amazing volunteers, who contributed 54,646 hours
We couldn’t do this hard work without you – our donors, sponsors, volunteers and staff. You share every success and every life we save. Thank you for being part of the BVSPCA family!
184 cats rescued from deplorable conditions found safety and ultimately families through our shelters.
Louie was reunited with his family after having gone missing for three years.
Mera had been rescued from a South Korean dog farm and just went home after a year with us.
Found in a puddle, barely responsive, cold and completely dehydrated, our medical team saved Nemo so he could find a family to love him forever.